Monday, January 14, 2013

Vegan Food Swap Time! My December Treat Box…

Vegan Food Swap Time! My December Treat Box…
My December vegan food swap package took a little longer to get to me because of the slow holiday mail...but boy was it worth the wait! And I have to say, it was like Christmas all over again, opening up that package to discover all the vegan goodies inside! Thanks to Maggie for the selection of awesome goodies

My December vegan food swap package took a little longer to get to me because of the slow holiday mail…but boy was it worth the wait! And I have to say, it was like Christmas all over again, opening up that package to discover all the vegan goodies inside! Thanks to Maggie for the selection of awesome goodies. Check it out:

My Vegan Food Swap goodies for December

My Vegan Food Swap goodies for December

What was inside:

1) Ok, I’m going to say it up front and out loud. My favorite thing in this goody box was the homemade vegan granola! It was delicious – and saved me from an empty belly morning when I was in a rush to get to work on Friday! What a treat to get something homemade!

2) Panda black licorice – yum!

3) A selection of organic teas – perfect to go with the other goodies

4) A bar of organic, dark Green & Blacks chocolate – that’s already gone too :)

5) An onion and dip mix – I haven’t seen a vegan one before, so that was cool!

6) A can of Zevia gingerale, sweetened with stevia; again, a first for me.

7) Some little vegan Christmas candies, which is what’s inside the candy cane.

8) A really nice card from Maggie. One of my favorite things about this swap is the nice people I am meeting through it!

Is this the first time you are hearing about the Vegan Food Swap?

This is a program that is designed to connect vegans across the country (swaps exist in the US, Canada and the UK), to spread enthusiasm for and knowledge about new vegan foods and food products. Each month that you participate, you send a parcel of about $20 in value to the person you are “given”, and someone else will send a parcel to you. You get to correspond with the person you are sending to, and the one you are receiving from, so that you can ask about/tell about likes/dislikes etc. This is my second time participating – it’s super cool!

Want to try it out? Here are the links:

US: http://www.theverdantlife.com/p/vegan-food-swap.html

Canada: http://meshell.ca/blog/veganfoodswap/

UK: http://www.tohappyvegans.com/wordpress/uk-vegan-food-swap/

Are you already involved? Tell us about YOUR Vegan Food Swap experience.


Source: feedproxy.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment