Thursday, July 18, 2013

Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World

Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World

Hello! Last night I went to a fancy dinner that I’ll fill you in on soon. But today I’m talking about balance and my fancy time dinner fits in with my thoughts. Thanks to RunEatRepeat I am very lucky to be invited to races, new cities and amazing dinners. I am so so thankful and [...]

The post Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.

Hello! Last night I went to a fancy dinner that I’ll fill you in on soon. But today I’m talking about balance and my fancy time dinner fits in with my thoughts.

how i stay balanced when life is crazy 800x800 thumb Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World

Thanks to RunEatRepeat I am very lucky to be invited to races, new cities and amazing dinners. I am so so thankful and never take one opportunity for granted. At the same time, since I feel so blessed I have said ‘Yes!’ to a lot of things and that means I’ve been a very busy girl this year.

how i stay balanced and sane in life thumb Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic Worldhow to stay balanced in life when you travel thumb Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World

All the traveling and races have taken a toll on my relationships, sanity and even health at some point or another. Since I was ‘go-go-go’ I didn’t even realize it. Finally at the end of June I bowed out of Fitbloggin because I needed a break.

But, I’m not ready to slow down yet! So, I spent some time thinking of ways I can maintain a busy schedule, be present in my family’s life and feel happy.

And just like eating 80% healthy, 20% frozen yogurt I’ve decided do the same for my work/life balance. Here is how I am maintaining a balance during this busy time in my life…

1. Take a break. When I’m stressed I eat, so when things get hectic I’ve been trying to take a walk. Since SR ditched me I’ve been calling friends to chat.

keep a good balance in lfie 450x800 thumb Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World

2. Don’t take myself too seriously. Laugh! I realize RER isn’t saving the world, it’s just supposed to be fun. But sometimes I get feedback that doesn’t feel too good. As a reader you are kinda my boss, so I  take constructive criticsm and try to improve. But sometimes some of my bosses are having a bad day and say fiesty things, I try not to take it personally.keep a sense of humor about things 800x450 thumb Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World

This isn’t rocket surgery…

how i stay balanced and active 800x450 thumb Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World

3. Fall down, get up. I am not perfect. This isn’t news to anyone, right? So yes, I am going to f-up sometimes and it’s okay. trying to stay balanced in a busy life 712x534 thumb Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World

When I fall down, I dust myself off and get back up. (Okay, sometimes I do sit there for a second and feel sorry for myself, then I get up.)

falling off balance 712x534 thumb Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World

4. Do what I love! I make sure to fit in time to run and eat, my favorite things. That’s how I take care of myself but just like I said in my travel post, I have to make time for it.

i run to stay balanced 800x450 thumb Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World

5. Check-in with myself. When I start to feel overwhelmed I evaluate if I’m doing too much or if I just need a break. It’s okay to say ‘no’ to things or ask for help.

image thumb35 Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World

6. Live in the moment. When I’m busy I tend to think about everything I need to do. Even when I was on the beach in Florida last month I was checking emails on my phone. Then, I realized I needed to stop, drop and roll stop and smell the flowers.

how i stay balanced and enjoy life thumb Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World

Since then I’ve been enjoying every new city and fancy dessert! I know I won’t be in this situation forever so I am really trying to relish it now.

how i maintain a balanced lifestyle 800x450 thumb Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World

Speaking of enjoying my food – my mom says I used to dance when I ate as a baby. I still do…

I can finally do Instagram video!!!

Question: How do you maintain a healthy balance?

always author logo thumb Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World

In today’s busy world, don’t let your period slow you down. At the end of the day, Always Infinity is the pad that’s still going strong. It’s made from a revolutionary material called Infincel, so it’s super flexible and totally molds to your shape. Plus, it absorbs up to 55% more.* So spend more time with your friends and family, and less time worrying about leaks. Try Always Infinity today. Share your tips to achieve a better balance: Facebook.com/always. *versus the leading Regular Ultra pad with wings.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Always via Glam Media.  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Always

The post Living A Balanced Life in a Hectic World appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.


Source: runeatrepeat.com

No comments:

Post a Comment